Saturday, August 3, 2019

Pepsi Cola Bottle Cap Redo

Billy B. brought this old rusty sign by a while back and asked if I could do anything with it. As you can tell, you could barely see the design. After doing a little research, I found out this particular design was used from 1906 until the '40s. I proceeded to scuff the worst-rusted parts off, then sprayed some rust reformer over it.

Billy had mentioned the background color was not white, and the research proved it. I found some ivory satin, made by Rustoleum and sprayed several coats on.

I cut the vinyl to scale.

The blue has been transferred to the sign.

Red is transferred and shot taken while drying.

Clearcoat of satin clear added, and this is the finished sign.
The circle was roughly 16" in diameter.






No comments:

Post a Comment